Last updated: 1st April 2020
By using the PREHIRE Rider’s App, you are agreeing that your personal data is being collected and processed for the purposes of fulfilling the transportation services to you.
1. Personal Data We Process
- Your name, e-mail, phone number, address.
- Your geolocation and trip rides routes.
- Your payment information.
- Information about your disputes.
- Your device identification on which PREHIRE Rider’s App is installed.
2. Purposes of Processing Data
- To connect riders with drivers when we receive a trip request.
- Geolocation and driving routes are processed to analyse the geographical area and give suggestions to drivers.
- PREHIRE Rider’s App displays Rider’s photo and name for Drivers to identify Rider.
3. Legal Basis
- Personal data is processed for the performance of the contract concluded with the Rider. The prerequisite for the use of the PREHIRE services is the processing of Rider's identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be processed on the ground of legitimate interest in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments and fraudulently requesting and undertaking rides.
- Data regarding the criminal convictions and offences is processed for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is only disclosed to the Drivers, who has accepted your trip request to provide you the ride. Drivers will see Rider’s name, photo, pick-up / drop-off location and geolocation data. Driver also see Rider’s pick-up and drop-off locations in the receipt.
5. Security & Access to Data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing you transportation services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of PREHIRE. Only authorised employees of PREHIRE and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- PREHIRE and its partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support.
6. Processing Driver's Personal Data
- You may not process the Driver’s personal data without our permission. You may not contact any Driver or collect, record, store, grant access, use or cross-use the personal data provided by the Driver or accessible to you via the PREHIRE Rider’s App for any reason other than for the purposes of undertaking transportation services.
7. Correction, Retention, Deletion and Data Portability
- Personal data can be rectified by contacting email@example.com
- Riders can request the account deletion through the Rider’s App, the Rider’s account will be deleted within 4 days from the time account deletion request is received.
- Your personal data will be stored if you have an active Rider's account. If your account has been closed the personal data will be stored for additional 3-years period.
- Data necessary for accounting purposes shall be stored for 7 years.
- In the event of suspicions of an administrational or criminal offence, fraud or false information, the data shall be stored for 10 years.
- In the event of disputes, the data shall be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
From 25th May 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU user rights, and PREHIRE’S responsibilities under this regulation.
1. EU User Rights
If you are a PREHIRE Rider’s App user inside the EU, you have the following rights with respect to PREHIRE’S handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below.
1.1 Explanation and copies of your data:
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that PREHIRE has about you and how PREHIRE uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive the copy of information that PREHIRE collects about you, if collected based on consent or because PREHIRE requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- If PREHIRE has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled “Explanation Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
2.1 You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Rider’s App or by emailing PREHIRE firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2 We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
2.3 Please see the “Information Retention & Deletion” section above for more information regarding PREHIRE’S retention and deletion practices.
3. Objections and Complaints
3.1 Users in the EU have the right to object to PREHIRE’S processing of personal data, including for marketing, purposes based on profiling and / or automated decision making. PREHIRE may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to extent permitted under “GDPR”.
3.2 Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to PREHIRE’S handling of your personal information with the Information Commissioner Data Protection Authority in UK. email@example.com
Information Commissioner's Office
3.3 You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to PREHIRE’S Data Protection Officer.
4. Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, PREHIRE processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR.
The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request, PREHIRE must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services, this includes:
- Your profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your trips, bookings and accounts; and to enable you to make and make payments.
- Background check information necessary to enable Drivers in providing transportation services through the PREHIRE Rider’s App.
- Your location information, which is necessary to match Driver’s with riders, and to track trips while in-progress.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of PREHIRE’S services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimise and enhance PREHIRE’S services.
- Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using the PREHIRE App.
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of users.
- PREHIRE may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- The processing is necessary for PREHIRE’S legitimate interests.
- PREHIRE collect and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests.
This includes collecting and using information:
- To provide customer support.
- To maintain and enhance our users' safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of PREHIRE App. We also use usage information to prevent matching of Riders and Drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (e.g., because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, PREHIRE uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud PREHIRE or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick-up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, and enhancing pricing and matching Riders and Drivers or delivery recipients and partners.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analysing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- The processing necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties.
- PREHIRE collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or public in general. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- PREHIRE may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- The process is necessary to fulfil PREHIRE’S legal obligations.
- PREHIRE is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to licensing or other authorities. PREHIRE uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the PREHIRE App.
- PREHIRE may also share information with law enforcement, or request by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
8. Dispute Resolution:
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer support which can be contacted by